Monday, April 5, 2010

Of course I'm not packed!

Of course I'm not packed yet! I always like to wait until the last minute to finish packing. I admit, I do like to get things together beforehand, lay out clothes and collect bags of things to take, but the final packing is done right before we leave. That way I can see everything laid out in front of me, and don't have to deal with the "did I pack that already, or do I have to spend 20 minutes looking for it?"

But lists... I do love to make lists. Packing lists. Shopping lists. Lists of things to see and do. I love to organize lists, which sadly does not translate into liking to organize things in the house. Not a housework person, as anyone who has lived with me can tell you. If only laundry was like writing a list, then ours would be done with glee!

I have resisted packing, also, because I just can't hope that this trip will happen. I can't stnd to build up to go, and then have to face canceling at the last minute. Only once the kids are off to school and we are on the way to the airport, or maybe once we are actually getting on the plane, only then will it be real for me.

I so need this trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment