Tuesday, April 6, 2010

And away we go!

We're on the bus to Logan! Once again, we over packed. As in, we brought enough for a month. We do this every time we go anywhere. Never fails. But at least we won't be bored - we have the little laptop, 2 ipods, 3 books, 6 movies, 2 cameras, 1 video camera, snacks, sandwiches, a travel notebook... and more. Plus outfits for two wardrobe changes a day. After all, when in Paris, it just won't do to be seen going to dinner in the same clothes you toured the city in that day!

So we found Concord Buslines, and I have to say, for a bus, it's fairly swank. TVs, movies, and free WiFi. Nifty! Oh, and pretzels and water handed out when you board! And this for half the cost of the other buses to Boston.

I'm nervous about the planes though. I've always been a timid traveler. And a little scared of flying. But this trip is about a new start, and a new life for Hayes and I, and I have vowed to break free of my shyness and just go with it - Enjoy the flights, enjoy riding on the subway trains, enjoy wandering the streets, enjoy having my picture taken, and enjoy walking by something, thinking it's interesting, and just diving in.

I'm not sure if I can pull it off, but I'm going to enjoy trying!

No comments:

Post a Comment